Use the same common sense traveling overseas that you would at home, and always stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
Before you leave
• Research your destination(s), including local laws, customs, and culture.
• Monitor travel warnings and alerts
• Leave a copy of your itinerary, contact information, credit cards, and passport with someone at home.
• Pack as light as possible, and leave at home any item you could not replace.
While at your destination(s)
• Carry contact information for the nearest embassy or consulate of your country.
• Carry a photocopy of your passport and entry stamp; leave the actual passport securely in your hotel.
• Follow all local laws and social customs.
• Do not wear expensive clothing or jewelry.
• Always keep hotel doors locked, and store valuables in secure areas.
• If possible, choose hotel rooms between the 2nd and 6th floors.